St Hugh of Lincoln RC Primary School
St Hugh of Lincoln RC Primary School has a fully committed team of Governors who both lead and support the school in an exceptionally positive and constructive way and have done so for many years. Governance has always placed the children above politics and personal persuasion and supported the school above all else.
The Governing Body has been led for 8 years now by our Chairman, Father Michael Cleary, who can be contacted on 0161 748 3426, or at 110 Glastonbury Road, Sreteford M32 9PD. The full list of Governor’s is as follows:
Class Governor for:
|Father Michael Cleary||Chairman|
|Mr Pat Breslin||Vice Chairman|
|Mr Mike Young||Foundation|
|Mr Paul Duignan||Foundation|
|Mr Sean Hampton||Foundation|
|Mrs Marie Lomas||Foundation|
|Mrs Pauline Sheldon||Foundation|
|Mrs Cathie Conchie||Local Authority|
|Mr Kevin Speake||Parent|
|Mrs Helen Kirwan||Parent|
|Mr Mark Mountcastle||Headteacher|
|Mrs Sharon Danby||Staff|
The Role of the Governing Body:
· To support the school in meeting the statutory responsibility to provide the best possible education for each individual pupil.
· To be fully accountable to those who establish and fund the school and also to parents and the wider community for the way in which it carries out its functions as a governing body.
· To act at all times in accordance with the requirements laid down in Acts of Parliament and statutory regulations.
· To maintain and develop the ethos and reputation of the school.
· To act with due regard for the well-being of children in supporting the activities of the school.
· To ensure the school’s interests are properly represented at a local and national level wherever and whenever appropriate.
Types of Governor:
Foundation; Appointed by and representative of the Bishop of Salford
Parent; Elected by and representative of parents at the school.
Local Authority; Appointed by and representing the wider perspective of Trafford Borough Council
Staff; Elected by and representative of staff at the school
Date of Next Full Governors Meeting – Wednesday 21st June 2017 at 4.15pm
All govenors have completed a register of interests form and none were declared.